Here is our take on Peru as of today...
1. The place is dirty, stray barking dogs everywhere, all hours of the day and night. Makes sleeping painful if not impossible. Extremely noisy. A bylaw against horn honking would be a great first step.
2. Terrible Roads. In many areas you would swear your in Iraq or Afghanistan!
3. Disrespectful drivers, especially to pedestrians. It appears that vehicle traffic holds priority over pedestrians and when crossing the roads even at intersections, you are taking your life in your hands.
4. Crappy food, unlike the reports we have heard about the great food in Peru.
5. You have to go with the inter provincial bus companies as the local bus companies are pretty brutal (dirty and smells of baby puke & sometimes worse). We will have more to report after our first class tickets with Cruz Del Sur tomorrow.
6. Hopefully things will change after our new destination tomorrow in Haunchaco or we will start making fast tracks to Chile.